Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Wednesday - November 12

Bob: Left Sellersburg about 8:15 this morning. We headed for Kansas City via routes 64 and then 70. We were to follow 64 and pick up I-70 on the east side of St. Louis. Well, the ramp from 64 to 70 was closed. Saw one sign for a detour, but never saw another. We ended up on I-44 which took us about 10 miles out of our way. It ran into I-270 which took us back to I-64. I-64, which I believe is a new route through St. Louis, then ties into 70 several miles west of St. Louis. To top off that we had to stop for gas! It was quite the adventure. Tomorrow we will have to go around Lincoln, NE, but I have it mapped out already!!
When we got to Kansas City it was COLD. Temperature says 27, but it is bone chilling cold. We put the cover on the boat once we got to the motel. When we left Sellersburg the ends of the tie ropes for the boat were damp. Tonight when I started to tie the boat cover down, I discovered the ends of the tie ropes were totally frozen. Oh well. I think the ropes will hold till morning.

Bonnie:  I've had to get creative keeping myself warm, putting on some "stretchy" pants over my jeans, and an extra sweatshirt under my heavy coat.  I'm sure this cold is worse because of the humidity.  I'm so grateful we won't have that problem when we're home! It gets cold, but humidity makes it worse and there's not much of that in Utah.

No comments:

Post a Comment