Friday, November 14, 2014

Thursday - November 13

Bonnie: To be honest I am so ready to be home!  I am really tired of being in the truck all day doing sudoku puzzles while Bob drives. I have one book I can read but I've read it once already. And, we have to put the boat cover on each evening and take it off each morning before we start our trip. The first night it wasn't too bad because it wasn't too cold.  But, tonight we are in Sidney, Nebraska, and it is frigid weather.  I dread going out in the morning to take the cover off.  It will be 1 degree and feel like minus 1, according to weather.com.  Even though I have on a blouse and sweatshirt, plus a zippered jacket, plus my heavy coat, I am cold.  I hope they have hot chocolate in the breakfast buffet tomorrow!
Hopefully, we will be home by late afternoon or early evening tomorrow.  Yes!!!!

Bob:  It appears we are driving into a head wind each day. I noticed last night and today that our miles per gallon average is much lower on our return trip than when we left in June. I believe the last tank average was just a little over 12 miles per gallon. Hope it starts getting better.
We snacked today, not stopping for lunch. Looked on the internet and didn't see a lot of options for food in Sidney, but we decided to go on to Sidney anyway. We were going to eat at the truck stop, but there is a Perkins here. We both ate like we had fasted for a day! It was delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment