Sunday, November 16, 2014

Sunday - November 16

Bob: Well, we made it home Friday about 7:20. It took a long time to drive through Wyoming. The winds were blowing us in the face making us use lots of gas.  In fact, we stopped for gas in Laramie, Rawlins, and Evanston and then for dinner in Rock Springs. I believe this was my slowest trip ever through Wyoming. Didn't have this much trouble going eastward. I think it is because the wind blows west to east so that traveling eastward the wind gives you a great advantage.
Unpacked some things Friday and Saturday, but there is still more to do. Plus we haven't touched the boat yet. On Saturday afternoon I had to get up on the roof and replace 6 shingles that had blown off the garage. Only found 1 on the ground and it was inside the entry way leading to the front door. Did manage to get some shopping on Saturday too.
Bonnie keeps saying my appetite is too finicky and it's so hard to make something I like. She asked me what I wanted to eat for Sunday dinner. I settled on a beef roast. She tried a new recipe and I must say she outdid herself in the kitchen today. It was sooooo good. Told her we could eat it again tomorrow night.
Basketball season is off and running. Got games for Tuesday and Thursday in Salt Lake. Orem recreation is supposed to call me tomorrow about getting a background check and a drug check so I can be hired by them to work games locally. It will beat driving to Salt Lake, plus they pay more. The drive to Salt Lake will start to get bad soon as UDOT is starting a widening project for the road from Lehi SR 92 to 12300 South in Salt Lake. That's a 7 mile stretch. Preliminary work is beginning soon, but will pick up greatly in the spring. It is scheduled to be completed in the summer of 2016 while we are on our mission! Yippee.
Well it's time to close. I have enjoyed posting on the blog during our travels. I hope you have enjoyed our comments. It is nice knowing that a few people were following the summer escapades of a couple of senior citizens! Until our mission, may God bless everyone with peace and happiness.

Bonnie:  I am so glad to be home. The thought of any more car trips makes me groan!  As I was cooking today I realized that I didn't have all of my baking pans.  I thought for a minute that I had left them in Ontario! Then, Bob went out to look in the boat, which we haven't unpacked yet.  He came in with my missing pans, thankfully! It took Friday night and Saturday just to unpack the back of the truck. Tomorrow we will tackle the boat. There is also much needed yard work to do.
It has been such a great trip, beginning with seeing beautiful Ontario and making wonderful friends there. And ending with family (what can I say? Our grandchildren are the best in the world!) and friends. Along with this, we have seen some wonderful historical sites that have helped me appreciate this country of ours. The Lord  has surely blessed us on this 5-month sojourn. I, too, am pleasantly surprised by those of you who have faithfully read our blog. I  hope it has given you some enjoyment.  It's been good for us to write it. May the Lord bless us all.

No comments:

Post a Comment