Sunday, November 9, 2014

Sunday - November 9

Bob: Went to church this morning. Shannon and Michelle have changed ward buildings since we last went to church with them. They now go to the Charlestown Ward. It is a nice building right off Route 403. It sits right in front of a new housing development. It is a small building and does not have a chapel. They have to set up chairs every week for the Sacrament Meeting. I think someone said this is a Phase 1 building. (Scott Crossley: Is that correct?)
After church Michelle's oldest brother, Keith, came over with his family of 4 kids. We played several games of mexican train with 7 or 8 players. Lots of fun.
About dark I finally had time to take a walk. No street lights in this development so I had to be real careful where I was stepping.

Bonnie:  I like the ward here. The building didn't seem small to me at all, but it did seem odd to go into the chapel and see fold-up chairs instead of pews. There is a Sister Martin in the ward who claims that the first Martin in North America came from France to New Brunswick in the 1600s.  The French married women from local Mikmac Indian tribes and became known as Acadians.  It's fascinating to think about this. We may try to get more information tomorrow.
We've had an enjoyable time with Michelle's brother and his family, though I like to remind myself that next Sunday we will be home in our Lindon Ward!

1 comment:

  1. Scott says yes-- phase 1. That was also the size of New Martinsville Branch when we first moved there. I remember the sacrament meetings in folding chairs...

    ReplyDelete